Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Receipts

There are a few stores out there that I can't believe haven't gotten a visit from the EPA or some other environmental agency. Hav you seen the size of receipts lately?! I went to Circuit City the other day to buy a cable for my computer. I'm talking about a small piece of cord that cost $4.87. The receipt was as long as my arm. That is rediculous. I can't even put it in my wallet because it is so wide too! Best Buy is guilty and so is Kroger. I bought a thank you card there yesterday and I couldn't have used the receipt as the envelope. I could go on and rant about how uneccesary that is.. so I will. What the hell ar they thinking? What business practice tells these companies that it is cost efficient to waste that much money on paper and ink. I mean think about it, nationwide, how many Circuit City's are there, and everyday each store makes probably hundreds of transactions, how much paper is wasted everyday? If you add up all the costs for paper, ink, and medical bills for employees that get punched in the face, that has to be a lot of money. Did they just decide that they were making too much money and needed to spend some of it on unecccesarily large receipts? Seriously, I would like to know.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dee said...

I bought a $15 computer accessory from Best Buy today. Nothing major, just a little accessory. I could have packaged the accessory with the receipt.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Dee said...

so umm, what are you gonna do about this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home