Friday, October 14, 2005

Oops!

Ok, I know... I haven't posted in a while. It has taken me a good long while to get my affairs in order. Almost instananeously switching your source of income from being lazy and unsocial and playing online poker all day to taking some initiative and talking to people all day is not as smooth a transition as you may think. I realized that I was doing exactly what I told my boss in the interview that I wasn't going to do. I was slowly turning into a clock watcher, happy to get out at exactly 5 and making excuses why I couldn't stay later. It wasn't until I realized that once I got home I was just sitting around doing nothing that it dawned on me. The expression "Time is Money" is actually relevant. I have been working inordinate amounts of overtime recently. It doesn't help that I don't immediately see the fruits of my labor since I am on a salary. But now I have established myself and am so happy that I spent that extra time. It is starting to pay off. Then i realized that I have been doing nothing but working and sleeping (actually dreaming about doing work the next day... I know it's sad). I started to neglect the little things in my life... like my Blog. So let's get this party started. I don't want to go overboard on my first post back, so just check out this article and there will be more to come. I will work on a new "Funny Movie of the Week" after I go out and get sauced tonight...

I knew it!

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Congratulations on rejoining the blogging community.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home