Monday, October 17, 2005

Inevitability

I know this is obvious and doesn't need to be brought up or discussed but I need to get it off my chest. North Toledo is full of idiots. The stupid riots were exactly what the neo nazi activists wanted to happen. If you try to take a moment to objectively look at what actually happened over the weekend (cutting into the first quarter of the Michigan vs. Penn State game mind you), the neo nazi's did nothing illegal. Now don't get all riled up, I'm not saying that I agree with their philosophy or that the "march" neccessarily should have happened. But they didn't even need to march. All they did was show up and then take off, being smuggly pleased with themselves all the way back to the Otto Niemeyer museum. And what happened then??? People decided that it was a good idea to burn down a local watering hole that has been in business for 20 years... What the hell sense does that make?! That is like me saying, "I'm hungry so I think I'll paint my house."... Ok, maybe it's nothing like that... well, maybe... whatever. Either way, the activists accomplished exactly what they wanted to do and, actually, did it lawfully, despite the absurdity of their beliefs. As for the store owner that had his business mindlessly looted and his building burnt down for no towards no apparent end, I'm sure he'll be back to reestablish his business in Toledo. If I were him, I would take the insurance money and move somewhere where people treat residents with respect. The thing to do might have been for all residents of Toledo, despite race, color or creed to stand in unity, thumb their noses at the activists and calmly walk away. That would have pissed them off at least and showed them that they were wrong about the residents of North Toledo. But I guess the better idea was to start an all out riot, burn down some poor man's business and steal some Kool Aid. Yeah, that'll show em...

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Fuckin' steal some Kool-Aid!!!!!!!! Don't you know? That's better than letting your opposition prove their point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home